Thursday, January 8, 2009

Return of the Hip Hop!


Welcome back to Unity's Hip Hop Thursday!!! Phew, those two weeks were a good break because there was SOOO much going on (remember those holidays called Christmas and New Years that had us all spinning like tops, and in complete joyous chaos!?) but I am READY to get back to the hip hopping! How about you!?

As soon as I saw these cupcake stamps, from the Sweet Yummy Cupcakes set, I knew I wanted to make a cupcake-shaped card. The cupcakes are quite large stamps, and SUCH fun to use! So here it is, and here's how I did it. I stamped the cupcake onto light purple cardstock, and folded it, folding OVER the tippy top of the frosting. Then I stamped the image again on dark purple cardstock, cut out just the frosting part and attached it over the top. (along with the candle.) That way, I have enough of a fold, but I haven't lost any of the image. After it was done and cut out, it wouldn't quite stand up properly, so I added the flower on the side.
And now, what you've been waiting for. . .hop on, my friends to CHRISTI!!!!
Happy Hip Hop! See you in the Unity forum at SCS!

49 comments:

  1. Big enough to make a card from it is BIG!!!!
    How cute!! Love the fun polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and creative Laura, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, now I really need that cupcake, great to know it is big enough to make a card out of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that rich purple you used! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like that stand alone cup cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! It would be perfect for a birthday invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the purple cupcake!! Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is WAY too cute! My girls are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute card! love the cupcake! so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cupcake card is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute and creative!! what a big stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative and clever! Looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. big ginormous cupcake......Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh so cute! Love that you used the cupcake stamp for the shape of your card! Lynn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cupcake card! HipHopHappyNewYear!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that cupcake!! This is my first hip hop and I am really enjoying everyone's work

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fabulously cute card! lovin' those cupcakes, great colos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! Very clever! This would be a great birthday card for the birthday parties to come for my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura this is such a cute card! I love the colors that you chose! :) So happy to be back hip hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute love the cupcake card. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a FUN card!!! Love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That cupcake card is too stinkin' adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute cupcake!!! I just picked up this 'sweet' set yesterday...can't wait to ink it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh now this is adorable Laura!!! I love cupcakes!! Check out this post if you love cupcakes too..LOL!! HUGS!!

    http://reginascutterdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/all-about-cupcakes-heart-bagplus.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Laura!!!! So glad to find you via the 2peas stamping board!!!

    Super cute card and it looks like you have been so busy!

    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to say HELLO! :)