Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is it about stick people??!

What is it about cute little stick-figures? I just love them! These WERE some new stamps from Close To My Heart. . .but I made these cards so long ago, that as the NEW Summer catalog comes out, I'm not so sure I can still call them "NEW" . . . .but they sure are stinkin' cute. You can see the whole stamp set HERE.
I used the same basic design for these two cards, which made them pretty quick and easy. They are 4.25x4.25, so they still fit in a standard invitation envelope. The papers are "new" from CTMH (new as in, from the Spring catalog) and I colored my little stick-figure friends with Prismacolor colored pencils.

In other scrappy news, I was happy to see my name on the list of 40 designers who will be spotlighted at GCD Studios sometime in the next few months. They just announced their new Design Team and I was so happy to see my pal, Angie's name on the list!!! Hooray Angie!

In NOT scrappy news. . .Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people in the world. . .KARISSE! (Go visit her, and tell her Happy Birthday!) She is one of my dearest friends, and one of the most inspiring people I've met. She sees injustices in the world, and doesn't just sit there and wish they'd go away - she's doing things to STOP them. She's simply unique and beautiful, and has an amazing story to tell. She's experienced more in the last ten years than many of us will in a lifetime. But she perseveres, and doesn't give up, and I am constantly amazed by her strength and resiliance. I love you Karisse-imo!!! XOXO

Have a great day, everyone!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

these are so adorable!! I love stick figures too!

Tracey said...

So cute!!