Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Use it or lose it, baby!

Have I told you about my "Use it Or Lose it" stash of paper? It's a big bag of paper that I like. . . (or that I feel guilty if I don't use, or I have massive quantities of it) but it's been sitting around for ages and I am sick of looking at it. SO, it goes into the bag, and I am on a mission to use it up (or get rid of it shortly.) I am mass-producing cards like a crazy woman, and making card sets for gifts.
Hopefully my work will pay off at Christmas time when I have lots of cards to give away, all ready to go. I used SEI paper on these two cards, and I was able to make a whole matching set of 8 cards using just a few sheets of this patterned paper!
I have also been TOTALLY (and I mean REALLLLLY totally) purging my stash of scrapbooking stuff. Why do we hold on to so much stuff that we think we MIGHT use one day? I am finding that it just bogs me down, and makes me crazy. SO I am getting rid of tons of stuff, and it feels GREAT. (Granted, right now its all in a big box, which only really moved the clutter from one place to another) but at least it's out of my workspace. Perhaps its nesting. . .although I periodically get on major cleaning kicks anyway. . ..so maybe its just ME. Okay - I am off to the doctors office. We'll see what this baby is up to!


5 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

kudos to you for using your stash to make these cute cards! Hope all went well at the doctor's office. :-)

Lynn Everett said...

Laura: I know what you mean about purging your "stash" of stuff. I have been doing the same thing, but actually posted a ton of paper on Free Cycle. That way, someone who needs it or some children will get to learn how to scrap or make cards. New papers will be arriving soon, so I had to do it this way. But then again, I also use up favorite papers myself. Love these two cards.
Hugs,
Lynn

Nancy Durant said...

OMG! What I wouldn't give for a set of your cards...hint hint hint.
I am about to use those special cards you made with Bryce, maybe one to Pop pop...special special people only.
I hate giving up the cards you make, but it is worth it when it goes to someone special!
xoxoxox

Linda said...

Laura

your mailbox card is so pericous and super cute.... and full of sun shine

liannallama said...

Your cards look super! I need to do the same thing--sometimes I have so much stuff that I get overwhelmed with things to do and can't decide!