Sunday, December 6, 2009

phew!

I'm back.
We made it.
We made it through a tire blow out on the interstate.
Through pouring down rain the ENTIRE day at SeaWorld.
Through COLD pouring rain the entire day at SeaWorld.
My oh MY, has Florida gotten CHILLY all the sudden.
(Yes, I know, this is where you northerners chime in and tell us how ridiculous and NOT cold it is, compared to where you are.)
But I'm sorry, cool and RAINY, and windy, and walking around wet all day . . .
chhh-chhh-chhh-chillllly!!!!
But we made it. With a pretty happy now-five-year-old. And a surprisingly happy three-month-old who stayed fairly dry and warm in his stroller throughout the escapade.

But without further ado, the first of my Apron Strings cards for December, as well as my CPS card for this week. The sketch is very fun. . but for the life of me I could find NO big star or snowflake or flower or anything that WORKED for me on this card. . .so I shrunk the whole idea down. and this is what I came up with!!!! You can find the goodies at Apron Strings Designs. Lots of fun winter paper in this month's kit!!!! (And so happy that I will be working with them again, next year!!!)
Okay - onward to cleaning up, finishing the decorating, laundry, and getting ready for next weekend's 5 year old birthday party.
May the festivities continue!!!

2 comments:

Heather Brown said...

WOW sounds like an adventure of a day!!! Glad the baby stayed happy and dry!!!

Lynn Everett said...

Laura: It seems to me that it wasn't too long ago that you wondered why it was so hot. LOL
Glad you got home safely.
Hugs,
Lynn