Monday, March 1, 2010

flowery goodness from TSOL!

It's new release day at The {Stamps} of Life. I think this might be my favorite set so far! It's called thanks2you and you can see it HERE on the website. Beautiful flowery stems, and lots of GREAT "thanks" sentiments. (I'm a sucker for great sentiments!) One of the fabulous things about clear stamps, is the way you can bend them. If you look at the flowery images on the stamp set, you will see that I did some adjusting to make the stems go where I wanted them to. It's also so easy to overlap images when you can actually SEE what you're doing!!!! And you just can't beat using clear stamps for sentiments. It's so much faster, because you can SEEEEE if its straight or not. I don't even have to line it up on my acrylic block . . .I don't have to measure or stamp on scrap paper first - I can SEEE (really SEE) what I am doing!!! Love that!
On this card, I traced around my image with a white colored pencil. I tried it first with a white marker and it was tooo much. But I really like the way the colored pencil highlights came out.
Be sure to check out all the inspiration arriving in the gallery at The {Stamps} of Life! The design team will have more to share on the 6th, when we get to show you the special edition sets this month! (Oooh la la! Just a few more days to wait!)

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love clear stamps. I like to make waves with different sentiments to change things up. I like the added touch with the white pencil, turned out very nice.

Ladybug said...

gorgeous! i especially love the colors in the first one.