Tuesday, May 17, 2011

i scream, you scream. . .

I have sooo not felt like blogging lately!  But these ice cream cones are too cute to NOT share, so I will press on and blog for YOU!  These stamps are from the May release at The {Stamps} of Life!  There are two coordinating ice cream stamp sets this month, that are just adorable! 

I used Echo Park paper on this first card, and paper-pieced it.  I really like the way the twine ended up, wrapped around the ice cream cone.  I kept playing with it - I knew i HAD to have twine and a button SOMEWHERE, and I think it totally worked! :)

 This second card features a few different sets from TSOL, and I just LOVE clean and simple.  I spend a lot of time looking at the cards of designers I love, and I am always drawn to a clean and simple card, with lots of white - and a great big BOW at the top!  That's how we grow - by studying the work of people we admire!
I submitted a WAY lot of cards for the latest Paper Crafts call, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed this week, (along with some of you, I'm sure!) and hoping to get a happy little email from the magazine!

And now, in my last few fleeting minutes of naptime, I'm going to go do something OTHER than sit at the computer!!! I cleaned the garage out, (the weather is AMAZING, and freakishly cool today!) and then I ate a bagel while sitting here chatting with you - and now I better get ready before my little monkey wakes up and wants food and trains! I think I might surprise B when we pick him up from school, and we'll stop at the playground on the way home - seriously, this weather is AMAZING, and it's a total fluke.  Back to HOT tomorrow I think!

Have a fabulous day!!!

(card goodies: patterned paper - Echo Park, cardstock - Discount Cardstock, pink ribbon - Papertrey Ink, ink - Close To My Heart)

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Super cute cards Laura!! Love the ice cream cone stamp set :o)

Michelle said...

Cute! The first one looks like rainbow chip ice cream.

Sue said...

Love both of your cards. Why is it that I love white space on other peoples cards but not my own?!

I too am loving this spring-ish weather of the past few days. Too soon we will be in the Summer Soup til October sometime!