Monday, August 22, 2011

spooky!

It's the first day of school around here! And it is, I must admit, glorious! I sort of feel like I'm having a vacation! I'll admit, I was a little teary, walking out of the big man's first grade classroom this morning, but I am ready for some routine and schedule in our days! (Ask me at 2:00 though, and I will be SO READY for him to be home!)

Halloween still feels a million years away, as we sit here and sweat - but I want to share these cards with you, because you can only get this oh-so-sweet-and-spooky stamp set THIS MONTH, from Close To My Heart. 
You can find out the whole scoop, right HERE on my mom's blog, including an image of the whole stamp set.
I used paper on both of these cards, from CTMH's new Mischief collection.  I am not usually REALLY into Halloween - at least not spooky Halloween, but something about this witchy woman was really appealing to me! I've had a ton of fun playing with these stamps and papers.  (How cool is that honeycomb stamp, that I used behind the sentiment, and behind the cat, below!?)

I outlined this spooky cat with white colored pencil, and I really like the way it gave it a subtle POP.

I hope your week is off to a great start!!! I'll be back in a day or two, and I'll probably subject you to my little man's first-day-of-school pictures.  (Complete with two missing front teeth - he's adorable!)

xoxox

No comments: