Thursday, September 22, 2011

loved and unloved . . .

I have QUITE the stash of October Afternoon papers and goodies, leftover from my stint as a "Designers We Love" at OA.  Apparently, somewhere along the way, us "designers they loved" were dropped, without a word,  but at least I have this big fat box of papers to ease my disappointment!  These are just two REALLY quick cards I made, using Campfire papers.  I have been a busy little bee making cards, and little goodies for the craft fair at my church next month.  Not too many cards, since I have about 200 of them already, but I needed a few more masculine looking cards for the selling-stash.

And now, onto my treasured Scenic Route paper.  I was THE saddest person the day I found out that Scenic Route was closing its doors.  I have HOARDED this paper ever since, but really, I NEED to use it up, and purge the stash of unused products.  SO, I have been making up card sets, using this super simple paper-strip design, with cute simple sentiments from Tami Mayberry's stamp set at Gina K.  I LOVE the hodge-podge feeling of the papers together, and the way all the cards come together in the set, coordinating . . .but NOT coordinating.  And it feels AWESOME to use up all this paper.  So far I've made about 40 of these cards.  (And yes, I am getting pretty sick of them now!)

I was going to use these sets as Christmas gifts, for teachers and such.  But I think I'll try to sell them first! If they don't sell, I'll have built-in gifts, but if they DO, it's not big deal to whip up some more simple card sets later in the year!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Did you not know that Sarah now has an online store?

http://store.scenicroutepaper.com

(I still have a stash of old SR paper as well! LOVED her stuff. And her too! Such a doll!)

Laura Williams said...

yes, but i can't use any of it for publication, and I try not to keep stuff around if I can't use it for pub. it just gets too confusing!!!!! but yes, i know about the store - and its all SUPER CHEAP right now!!!! (although, the shipping costs make up for the cheapness!!! ;)

Lisa Lara said...

I love em all!