Monday, October 10, 2011

bring the BLING!

I think that Want2Scrap has been one of my favorite sponsors at CPS this year. . . another great example of a company that I might not have purchased from, but WILL be purchasing from in the future, thanks to the Card Positioning Systems blog.  Want2Scrap was a new-to-me company.  They have BLING, BLING, BLING, and a lot of it coordinates with Nestabilities dies.  But I don't HAVE any Nestabilities (yet - but that's a different story!)  so I kind of thought - Ugh, is this going to be a drag to use? But guess what, they are super EASY to use and a lot of fun.  Plus the big sheets of pearls and jewels will last you through MANY a project.  I've used them on just about everything I've created lately, and I think I WILL be restocking shortly!!!
Today I'd like to share two cards featuring the Want2Scrap jewels with you.  This first is based on this week's sketch at CPS.  
 I used Christmas trees from The Cat's Pajamas (you may recognize them from the craft fair Christmas tags I shared a few weeks ago!)  The sentiment, that sweet little bitty "merry" is from The {Stamps} of Life.  The cardstock here (from Discount Cardstock) is called Posh Wagon Red Dungaree.  If you look closely, it has a really nice subtle texture to it, that looks a lot like denim.  So beautiful!

On this second card, I created a nice little row of pearls, along with stamps from Gina K (Tami Mayberry's All Occasion Tags set. . . .HOW much do I love this stamp set? TONS!)  The yellow crepe paper from Discount Cardstock totally adds an added texture and detail to this project that I just LOVE.

Thanks so much for coming by today.  And thank you so much to those who hopped this weekend for Operation Julie's Smile.  I had so much fun reading allllllll of your comments! And finally, with a few hours to spare, I finished the hop myself, last night! Phew! 121 blogs?! That's a LOT!!!!!  Have a terrific week! We are in the midst of some blustery, rainy weather here - and I LOVE it.  Going to drink coffee, and fill a box of junk-I mean treasures - to take to Goodwill today.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these cards Laura. Just love all that open space. They just catch my eye. Thank you for sharing in my Dirty Dozen reveal day! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

You're so sweet to say HELLO! :)