Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello, hello! Welcome to 2012! Eeek! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the start of a new year.  Granted, I am always sad to say goodbye to the festive holiday season, but wiping the slate clean, opening up a brand new clean empty calendar, and getting a fresh start is one of my FAVORITE things! The year is full of possibilities, and new blessings that we can't even begin to imagine! I hope your year is off to a TERRIFIC start! And if not. . .well, tomorrow is always a NEW day! 

I like to start off the year by looking back at some of my favorite crafty projects over the past year, but I haven't quite had time to figure out WHAT those projects are.  And I don't want to let another day get away before I share the new stamp set at The {Stamps} of Life!
 On this card, I combined the sentiment from last month's set along with this FUN FUN FUN lined paper stamp in the list2write set.  The line inked in pink is a separate stamp, so you can do it whatever color you'd like.  The lines make a great background, OR a great place to write a note!
 On this project I just folded a small card, (I think it's about half the size of a standard card) and I stamped a bunch of the lines onto copy paper, trimmed it, and stapled them inside.  I was thinking this would be cute to throw in my purse, and I think I need to make up a bunch for the kids, because they will TOTALLY want some! (Bryce has already been asking for "some of that little lined paper that I stamped")
Easy peasy, and a fun little project.  Be sure to check out all the great inspiration in The {Stamps} of Life gallery!

I'm looking forward to getting back to a regular life schedule (and blogging schedule!) now that the holidays are over.  I've already informed my seven-year-old, that chore bootcamp is starting this week.  I will get this child doing chores if it's the last thing I do.  And the hubs is leaving the country for two weeks today - and I am determined to get this household whipped into shape while he is away! :)
We'll see how THAT goes. . . .
Have a great day!
xoxo

4 comments:

scrappingnana said...

These are adorable. Love the lined paper stamp. TFS
Happy New Year.

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet cards! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card and project, Laura! I can see how that lined notebook stamp could get addictive!!

Connie said...

I love the lined paper stamp and how you used it. Think I will have to get this one for sure. Love it on the outside of the card especially. Cute, Cute!