Saturday, March 3, 2012

flowers two ways! (new TSOL release!)

Hello, hello! Happy MARCH! Spring has sprung and Florida is covered in pollen. I'm still waiting for our grass to get green again, but this weekend we are going to plant some flowers, some bell peppers, and maybe some oregano, to go along with the basil and rosemary plants we already have. 

March first brought the release of Mums2Stamp, from The {Stamps} of Life! This is seriously, one of my favorite stamp sets. (Hush, I know I say that pretty often!) And there might just be a coordinating stamp set coming soon! (Shhhh!)

I have two cards to share today, which use the same two-step stamps, but each has a VERY different look. 
I LOVE this first card.  When I offered it to Stephanie, as she was collecting samples, I struggled with whether or not to give it to her - because I LOVE it. The colors make me seriously happy!  The stamp set has  large and small solid flower stamps, and plus the outline for each to go on top.  So I stamped my flowers in pink and yellow, and then stamped the black outlines over, and added the little green leaves.
 And on this second card, I went for a WAY different look.  I paired the large flower and outline with some leaves and sentiment from the branches4flowers stamp set.  I stamped the solid flower once on scrap paper, and then onto the card stock, (some people call this second-generation stamping).  Then I used the SAME ink color and stamped the outline.  I masked the leaves, using a post-it note, to tuck them behind the flower.
All card stock shown is of course from Discount Cardstock.  Did you know they have sales EVERY week!? This week there is some GORGEOUS metallic purple cardstock on sale (which I don't have in my stash! GASP! And you know I'm not a fan of purple, but I must admit - this stuff looks beautiful!!!) Plus Lucious Lime Doublemates is on sale for 25-50% off!

Have a FABULOUS weekend!

(Thank You card goodies: cardstock - Discount Cardstock (Cyclamen Cascata Felt, Brilliant White, ) stamps - The {Stamps} of Life, ribbon - Close To My Heart, ink - Clearsnap, Close To My Heart, jewels - Want2Scrap)


(With Sympathy goodies: cardstock - Discount Cardstock (Kraft,  Berry Red DoubleMates, stamps - The {Stamps} of Life, ink - Close To My Heart) twine - May Arts)

No comments: