Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!!! (a quick project!)

One of my favorite family traditions of the 4th of July, is having the kids put little flags in the garden.  I've taken Mr. B's picture every year, and now the past few years since Little T has joined in it's gotten a little more complicated (because they fight over the flags, and move each other's flags, and mess with each other's flags, and turn flag's into pretend weapons to attack each other. . .you know, the usual BOY stuff) but it's still FUN! We'll head out to do that shortly, but for now, I'd like to share a little project with you that I whipped up.  I bought the notepad and pen from the Dollar Spot at Target (one of my favorite places on the planet.)  I used Posh Cherry Satin Sparkle cardstock, from Discount Cardstock, trimmed about a 3 inch strip, and I put it on my Scor-Pal, scoring lines on either side, so I could wrap the notepad.  (I just layed the notepad on top so I could decide where to score.  Then I used some corrugated pennants from CTMH, some alpha stamps from Pink Persimmon (which I really should use more often - they are great) and tied the whole thing together!  



I hope your 4th of July is filled with family, fun, and FOOD! We're off to the beach, to hang with family, and I'm sure there will be much FOOD involved too! 
xoxo

1 comment:

Nancy Durant said...

Spectacular! Clever girl!