Tuesday, November 13, 2012

autumn for winter! (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)

It's Tuesday which means that I'm chillin' at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog today.  Just a little sneak peek of my project today! I got tricky on you and used an autumn stamp set to create a Christmas card. Impressive, eh? ;)

Come on over and see what I've been up to!

And in case you're coming from there, and you've already SEEN what I've been up to, how about I share something else, just so you aren't bored to tears. . .

a recipe perhaps?

We've made this sweet potato chili a few times lately.  I can't decide how I feel about it. I LIKE it - but I can't decide if it's better as a side dish, along with some grilled chicken, or quesadillas. . .or on it's own as a main dish.  Either way, it's pretty tasty, super easy, and I generally have all the ingredients in the house.

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili, from Eatingwell.com

Ingredients
  • 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 small onion, finely diced
  • 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile, (see Note)
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • 1 1/3 cups water
  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
  • 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
  • 2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation
  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and potato and cook, stirring often, until the onion is slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add water, bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes and lime juice; increase heat to high and return to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
  2. (I left out the cilantro and chipotle chile. And once I left out the lime juice too. And it was still good!)


Okay, there you have it. . . craftiness, and food. I leave you now in good conscience! Have a terrific day! 
xoxo

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty card Laura. Loved the way you used the leaf image! Neat idea. That recipe sounds yummy!