Saturday, October 4, 2014

Best Day Ever {Happy World Card Making Day}

Happy World Card Making Day!!! A day to make cards. . .wait - isn't that EVERY day? (Well, some of us wish it could be!) A day to celebrate making cards. . .well, sure! Why not!? 



I'll be honest - I'm not entirely sure how or when or where this whole World Card Making Day (WCMD) thing came about - but hey, we're crafty, and we love to celebrate. So let's do this thing!

Today I'm honored to have a card posted over at the Moxie Fab World. Teri has some fab projects from different designers, which will be posting THROUGHOUT the day! How fun is that!? So keep on checking back over there, for fun all day long! And while you're at it, keep checking in at the Paper Crafts magazine blog too, because there will be multiple posts, giveaways, and crazy inspiration all day long! 

Here's a peek of the card I'm sharing at Moxie Fab World. . . 
And now, a coordinating project. I used Close To My Heart's Picture My Life -Laughing Lola Collection on both of these projects. This collection kind of made me embrace purple. . .if you've been reading this blog for a while, you may remember we've discussed my general dislike of PURPLE. (Perhaps 12 years in schools with PURPLE as the school color could be the reason!) At any rate - the purples are really kind of nice in this collection, and I can sort of do purple without throwing up now. As long as it's paired with a fabulous aqua and gold! 

On this card, I started with a journaling card. To tuck the extra papers in, I used an exacto knife and trimmed around the first page, and then inserted the others behind. It added a fun little touch of dimension to it. Then I matted the journaling block, and adhered it to the larger size journaling card. (Then I stuck the whole thing on a card base.) Fun stuff!!! 

My cute mommy is a Close to My Heart consultant, and she supplies much of my CTMH stash. She's pretty spectacular, and if you're looking to do some shopping, my links will take you to her website! Find all the Picture My Life goodies from Close To My Heart here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by on this lovely World Card Making Day! I'd love to know what you're creating this weekend! Share your links/comments with me and I'll stop by and visit YOUR blog or gallery too! And remember to share on social media with hashtag #wcmd2014 
xoxo

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is so so fun, Laura! I love that typewriter and the woodgrain bg! Happy World Card Making Day!

Margie Higuchi said...

LOVE the typewriter design :) Such a great card - TFS! Happy WCMD!