Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Go-to Gal Designer Challenge {Stampin' Up!}

Hello friends! It's a Go-to Gals Designer Challenge Day, and we're using some Stampin' Up! goodness today. When I saw this stamp set, The Newborn King, in the 2014 Holiday Catalog, I immediately saw so many fun possibilities for watercolors, paper-piecing, and chalking with this stamp set. On today's card, I embossed the images in white, and then watercolored over top, using an emboss resist technique. The premise of emboss resist, is that the embossed area will resist the color you place over top. I especially love using white embossing with a resist technique because the bright colors really make the lines pop.

And here's the actual stamp set image. . . isn't that just gorgeous? I'm excited to try out some other techniques with this set.

The other Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Go-to Gals are sharing some fabulous Stampin' Up! projects today too. I can't wait to see what they've been working on! Be sure to bop around and check it out!

Thanks so much for coming by! xoxo

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Soft and refreshing Laura.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful scene, Laura. I love the watercolor effect for this stamp set image.

barbara macaskill said...

B U TEE FUL!! LOVELOVELOVE everything about this delicate and stunning work of art! TFS!