Monday, December 15, 2014

You're a Real Gem {Lil' Inker Designs}

Hello friends!
Today I'd like to share a card I created using Lil' Inker Designs new Cover Up Die: Faceted as well as the Girl's Best Friend stamps and the Alphabet Gems stamps. 
To create this card, I used Stampin' Up gold cardstock, and I ran it through my Big Shot with the Faceted die. Very carefully I attempted to keep all the little pieces together when I took it out of the die cutting machine. I had to do a little bit of puzzle-piecing to put pieces back in, but I purposely left some shapes out. Then, I stamped my sentiment, inking up only part of the first stamp "You're a Real Gem" to substitute the alphabet gem letters in place of the original sentiment. I stamped it in Tsukineko's Delicata ink.  It's my favorite gold ink! It's difficult to see, but I used a water brush and swirled the ink across the letters just a bit to add slight color to them. 


Thanks so much for coming by today. YOU are a real GEM! xoxo

1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just gorgeous! Love, love, love all of the gold!