Monday, October 12, 2015

Monster Treat Time boxes {Fun Stampers Journey}

Hello friends! Today I'd like to share a Halloween treat box. I love October so much, and it's halfway over before I've even done much to enjoy it! Therefore, I'm not letting another day rush by without some candy corn and a little Halloween crafting. Are you with me!?


I am completely smitten with the Journey Advent Boxes, in the Fun Stampers Journey Holiday Mini catalog. The boxes are available on their own, or in an Advent Box Bundle to create countdown-to-Christmas treats. For today's project, I gave a box some Halloween flare, and I did a little extra customizing. The boxes are assembled to look like the box below, but I discovered that I could easily slip my finger along the glued edge to open the box. 

Once I could lay it flat, I was able to roll it through my die cutting machine to cut an oval from the center, as well as emboss the front with the cutie-patootie Yummy Dots embossing folder. Afterwards, I simply re-adhered the one edge and assembled the box. 


Once the box was assembled, came the fun part - I loved combining the funny little Greeting Earthling monsters with some Halloween sentiments. This stamp set isn't outwardly Halloween - but it sure works, doesn't it!? I love finding new and unexpected uses for products. (I suppose using wiggle eyes as enamel dots also falls into that category!)


I'm planning to start sharing more of my Fun Stampers Journey and Richard Garay projects on my blog in the coming weeks and months. I hope you'll enjoy them! If there's anything you'd love to see, let me know in the comments or shoot me an email! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great week! (Soak up all the October goodness while it lasts!) xoxo

Products used on today's project:









(All FSJ products must be purchased through a Journey Coach. I am not a Journey Coach at FSJ, but you can shop as well as find a coach on the FSJ website!


1 comment:

Kathy Martin said...

Pinned! So CUTE! Love how you added product photos! :)